Chapter 12 of your text identifies seven areas of cognitive development that have been addressed in this book: perception, language, memory, conceptual understanding, social cognition, problem solving, and academic skills. Table 12.1 of the chapter also identifies the eight themes of children’s thinking, in general, that have filtered throughout the course of this text.
For your Final Paper, you will select one area of cognitive development and analyze it through the lens of one of the themes outlined in Table 12.1.
Your Final Paper will be five to eight pages in length (plus title and reference pages) and include the following components:
- A description of your chosen area of cognitive development
- A summary of the current knowledge that exists on your chosen theme
- An analysis of the applicability of your findings to the differentiation of instruction for children of different needs and abilities
- A discussion of the anticipated challenges that could impact your chosen area of cognitive development and theme
This is a research paper and must include at least four scholarly sources (in addition to your course text) that clearly demonstrate their relevance to your topic. These sources must be cited both within your paper and on your reference page using proper APA format.
The Final Paper:
- Must be five to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources (in addition to your course text).
Need a custom written plagiarism free essay? Click here to order now.