HR Presentation on Talent Management in a Changing Organization: Part 1
Note: This Assignment consists of three parts. You will complete and submit only Part 1 for this Assignment. Part 2 is due in Week 4 and Part 3 is due in Week 5.
You are an HR analyst for XYZ Corporation, and you have been tasked with the assignment of helping a company through a period of organizational change. Your client, Thoreau Enterprises, recently acquired several other companies in its industry. The organization has gone from being a $1 billion entity to a $15 billion entity as a result of these acquisitions. Though Thoreau Enterprises purchased the others, it was actually the smallest entity of the entire grouping. After meeting with Thoreau Enterprises company leadership, your Director, Jacob Wickham, has compiled notes on three main areas that need to be addressed: talent management needs, compensation, and the role of HR to lead change for the new organization. Following is a list of specific concerns that Jacob noted during the initial meeting:
· There are a number of legacy employees whose roles in the new organization have changed drastically as a result of the acquisitions. Many employees are unclear whether their jobs are going to be considered redundant or if they are safe in the new organizational structure. Rumors are spreading that everyones jobs are up for grabs, employees will have to re-interview to keep their jobs, and the severance packages for anyone laid off may not be as great as people are hoping for. Morale is low in this period of uncertainty.
· HR leaders are aware of the need to hire to fill certain functions, and it has come to light that job descriptions do not exist for all levels in the organization.
· In the past, employees were typically hired because they were referred by existing staff. Therefore, contemporary recruiting and hiring methods have not been utilized at Thoreau Enterprises.
· Compensation strategies need to be aligned across the new organization.
· With the merger of so many companies, no cohesive corporate culture has been established, and there are major employee morale issues, as stated above. In fact, the leaders of the new Thoreau Enterprises are unsure of what their company culture should be and need guidance for how HR can help them to establish this and lead them through this period of uncertainty and change.
Your director, Jacob Wickham, has asked you to put together a presentation on talent management, compensation, and the role of HR in helping to manage organizational change. After speaking with the client, Jacob has compiled a list of items that he wants you to cover in this presentation, which should include a title slide, References slide, and speaker notes for each slide that Jacob can use to present your points to the leaders of Thoreau Enterprises.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Review this weeks Learning Resources
· Read the scenario for this Assignment.
· Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit Part 1 of your presentation, according to the following prompts.
Part 1: Talent Needs (1117 slides)
· Explain the importance of job analyses and job descriptions to an organization. In your explanation, describe the components of (or steps to develop) an accurate, appropriate job description. (23 slides)
· Explain the importance of gap and needs analyses to the hiring process. Provide at least one specific example of their application in an organization. (23 slides)
· Choose at least one talent acquisition tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate, and provide a rationale for your selection. (12 slides)
· Choose at least one talent development tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate, and provide a rationale for your selection. (12 slides)
· Choose at least one retention tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate to retain employees and reduce turnover. Provide a rationale for your selection, including the benefits and potential risks to the organization. (34 slides)
· What particular costs associated with employee turnover should Thoreau Enterprises leadership consider when making decisions related to retention? Be sure to include financial and nonfinancial costs to the organization in your response. (23 slides)
Note: Your presentation should adhere to the template provided. It should consist of 1117 slides, not including a title slide and References slide that includes properly formatted citations for a minimum of two scholarly sources to support the information you presented. You should also include detailed speaker notes to be used as a script for delivering the presentation. Use the Week 3 Assignment Template, provided in this weeks Learning Resources, to complete this Assignment.
Need a custom written plagiarism free solution? Click here to order now.