· Glass Ceiling(75 Points)
There are numerous examples of women succeeding in traditionally male-dominated professions. However, if success is defined as actually running a company, a corporation, or even a country, we must look at the statistics.
· There are 19 female CEOs running Fortune 500 companies. This sounds solid, but this actually only makes up 3.8% of the total.
· Over 70 women serve in the United States Congress. This, too, seems applause-worthy, until you count all 535 seats in both the House and Senate. That means women hold seats in only 13.8% of Congress, despite making up 52% of the American voting population.
Women have certainly come a long way in the United States, but they still have a very long way to go before they have an equal share of the real power in that country.
Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, and Nancy Pelosi are four women leaders who have broken the glass ceiling in the world of politics and leadership. Please describe one specific, predominant, and common characteristic that three of these superwomen possess that might account for their breaking the glass ceiling.
Use the following questions to guide your supportive writing:
· How specifically is this characteristic demonstrated?
· How do these women apply this characteristic in their decision making, strategic planning, or problem solving?
· Are these characteristics an offshoot of a traditionally male-oriented style?
· If so, which male leader do they most resemble?
· Based on this predominant characteristic, which leadership theory would they utilize most effectively?
Your paper should be 5 pages in length and include a cover page and a reference page. Use Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.Include at least twoadditional sources beyond the textbook to support your writing. The SEU Virtual Library is a good resource to search for these references. Be sure to thoroughly review the grading rubric to assist you with the formation of your essay.
If you have already provided solution to other student on same topic recently, please ensure you provide me different solution
Need a custom written plagiarism free essay? Click here to order now.