ASSESTMENT 1 – REPORT
· Due date: 17 April 2015
· Length: 2500 (Report should include executive summary, table of contents, tables, figures, and appendixes, but excluding title page and reference list)
· Reference Style: CQU Harvard Style http://www.cqu.edu.au/?a=14032
· Document type: MS Word document only
· Less than 15 percent similarity
· At least 15 references, including references from journals and books not just internet
HERE IS THE DETAIL LINK OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. SINCE IT’S A UNIVERSITY LEVEL REPORT PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO A GOOD JOB ON IT. ONE OF MY FRIENDS SUGGESTED AND HIGHLY RATED YOUR WORK.
This assessment item relates to course learning outcomes numbers 1, 2, and 5 as stated in the course profile.
Assessment task 1 requires the writing of a report. The report should be designed as a management document that can be used to implement recommended changes. It should include a comprehensive analysis of the current situation using theories, models and frameworks related to leadership and governance. Students are expected to engage in extensive research within the academic literature relating to leadership and governance. It also requires students to suggest practical solutions/recommendations based on research and analysis.
The assessment item is based on the case study titled “Blake Mycoskie and TOMS” (pp. 59-60) of the textbook: Leadership: theory, application & skill development (6th Ed.) by Lussier & Achua, Cengage Learning. You should read, and carefully analyse, the case and respond to the issues presented in, and hidden behind, the case scenario within the context of a professionally developed report. You are required to support your arguments with appropriate theoretical discussion and references.
This assignment MUST be a properly constructed report. It MUST contain headings and sub-headings.
The introduction should introduce the report, thesis statement (main objectives of the assignment) and include your argument. The main body of the assignment should present the evidence you have collected to support your arguments for the questions you are required to research. The conclusion section should restate your arguments, summaries the evidence and make a conclusion from all previous discussions.
The assignment should contain a coherent, but necessarily restricted review of the academic literature on HRM topics in question. The literature review should be integrated into the assignment and not be a separate section. A reference list formatted in the prescribed Harvard style is compulsory.
Whilst you should AVOID using only textbook, the prescribed textbook for the course should be cited in regard to broad leadership principles. You will be expected to present information and evidence from, and cite, at least twelve (12) relevant peer reviewed journal articles (absolute minimum requirement). These do not include other academic references such as books, conference papers, and book chapters and so on. Although you can cite these other academic references in your report, they will not be counted as part of the 12 journal articles
AVOID presenting a descriptive account ONLY of your readings. What is required in this assessment is a critical evaluation of the academic literature as it relates to the specific details of the case study.
Your marker is also interested in the conclusions that you reach by evaluating the literature and the case scenario.
Case Study: Blake Mycoskie and TOMS (Pages 59-60 of the textbook: Leadership: theory,
application & skill development (6th Ed.) by Lussier & Achua, Cengage Learning.)
Based on the case scenario, answer the following questions in a business format (see the Moodle
course website for the university’s guide regarding writing reports).
NOTE:You MUST address the questions below. Some of these questions are not the same as that listed in your textbook:
1. On the basis of evidence in the case, what would you assess Blake Mycoskie’s personality Traits are along each of the Big Five dimensions?
2. Which of these traits of effective leaders would you say has had the greatest impact on Blake Mycoskie success at TOMS?
3. Which motivation would McClelland say was the major need driving Blake Mycoskie to continue to work so hard despite being worth millions of dollars?
4. Does Blake Mycoskie have an LMP?
5. Is Blake Mycoskie ethical in business? Which level of moral development is he on?
6. How may Blake Mycoskie’s ethical and/or unethical behaviours have affected TOMS’ corporate social responsibility?
7. How may Blake Mycoskie’s leadership traits and behaviours have contributed to effective governance in TOMS?
Need a custom written plagiarism free essay? Click here to order now.