Your annual report analysis is due at the end of Week 6. Obtain an annual report from a corporation that is interesting to you. Using techniques thatyou have learned ofin the previous weeks, respond to the following questions:
- Who are the firmâs auditors? Do they provide a clean opinion on the financial statements?
- Have there been any subsequent events, errors and irregularities, illegal acts, or related-party transactions that have a material effect on the financial statements?
- Describe the trend in total assets and total liabilities for the years presented.
- What are the companyâs three largest assets for the most recent year presented?
- What are the companyâs three largest liabilities for the most recent year presented?
- What types of stock does the company have? How many outstanding shares are there for each type of stock for the most recent year presented?
- Does the company use the single-step income statement, multiple-step income statement, or a variation of both?
- Does the income statement contain any separately reported items, including discontinued operations or extraordinary items, in any year presented? If it does, describe the event that caused the item. (Hint: There should be a related footnote.)
- Describe the trend in net income over the years presented.
- Does the company have other comprehensive income? If yes, what is the nature of the transaction(s)?
- Does the company use the indirect or direct method of the cash flow statement?
- What is the trend in cash from operations for the years presented?
- What are thetwo largest items included in cash from investing activities?
Need a custom written plagiarism free essay? Click here to order now.